Can You Hear Me?

Ahh. Me. This is my rant house. My thoughts, words, visions and dreams.

17.9.06

Clear Fountain Vs. Stagnant Swamp

Hmm.

I was just reading Ephesians 5 here. I've read it a thousand times, but I just caught this tidbit in verse 4.

Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.

Ok. That's the NIV version. The NASV says something to the tune of no filthiness or silly talk.

Don't talk dirty or silly. Hmm. Now I'm a little more careful with the dirty talk than I am with the silliness. Maybe this is just me and all of you have totally gotten this, but really silly talk has no purpose. It does not further kingdom and most often makes me look like a fool. Hmm. I don' think that this means I can't be funny. The silly in this means foolish. Man proverbs is chalked full of wise vs. foolish.

Hmm. Proverbs 10:31 {message style}

A good person's mouth is a clear fountain of wisdom; a foul mouth is a stagnant swamp.

a clear fountain.
a stagnant swamp.

all i really know is i want to be more on the clear fountain side. how much more appealing to God and others.

hmm.
ponder it.

j to the ocelyn.

1 Comments:

  • At September 18, 2006 2:14 PM, Blogger JP said…

    I've caught that verse, myself. Love it. 'Coarse joking'. That spoke to me when I read it one day because me and my friends have a lot of sarcasm which I deamed as 'coarse joking'. And we all know one of the greatest challenges, is taming the tongue. Good post.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home