Can You Hear Me?

Ahh. Me. This is my rant house. My thoughts, words, visions and dreams.

30.11.06

Talking Smack

Hahah! Hey guys! What's new?

Well right to the point. Tonight I had a very interesting experience. It was the first time someone to my face very openly mocked my faith in Jesus.

So here's how it all went down. There's this person at work who swears constantly. Actually most of them do. Even me. However, I was getting sick of it, so I asked him if he could stop dropping f-bombs so often for no apparent reason. He turns around and says, "What are you going to do about you Christian-girl. Are you going to call on your Lord Jesus to strike me down with his wrath?" Now, I didn't respond the way I had always planned too. I had always had a quick retort about making fun of God. But strangely, I was just silent. One of his friends asked what was going on and then she said to him "Well it's rude!" I didn't say a word. He said, "Well I say it a lot so you are just going to have to get used to it." Haha I still said nothing. No big. But I think I made him uncomfortable with my silence. The thing is I do usually have a quick response. I'm quite witty. I was thinking about it a bit later and I started getting mad about it. Then I thought about when Jesus said that we will, definately, be persecuted, mocked etc... for our faith. After that I was just filled with this joy. I was totally blessed by the persecution.

Sweet!
GoD BlEsS.


When they're talking smack just turn around and just bless them back. - KJ52

1 Comments:

  • At December 01, 2006 12:36 AM, Blogger Dawn said…

    Its crazy how even now we are persecuted! I am glad you were filled with joy! Its fantastic! Be blessed, cool tradition too for Christmas! Happy holidays and Merry Christmas!
    P.S. Your comments on my blog bless me constantly...thank you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home